When it comes to shopping the best gaming monitor, both BenQ XL2411Z, and ASUS VG248QE rock! These gaming monitors are pretty much the same. Both come with a 1080p picture resolution, a response time of 1ms, 144 HZ refresh rate, and use the same TN panel.
Which gaming monitor should you buy? There are a few differences between the two that set them apart. Let’s check the different features of both gaming monitors and find out what is best for you.
Design and Features
One major difference between ASUS VG248QE and BenQ XL2411Z monitors is their design. While the gloss finish on the ASUS VG248QE really looks nice most especially when it is new, it’s prone to getting scratches. When it comes to the overall aesthetic style of ASUS VG248QE, it brings a ‘premium’ feel with the BenQ looking less sophisticated.
Both gaming monitors have many settings that you can adjust and fiddle around to get the best picture you desire. You’ll find many guides and tutorials online for setting up a gaming monitor’s display. A great feature of BenQ XL2411Z that stands out is the flicker-free technology, preventing monitor flickering which is very good for people who are suffering from headaches.
When it comes to technical specifications, there are many similarities between BenQ XL2411Z and ASUS VG248QE. The two best gaming monitors in the market today have a 1080p picture resolution, a response time of 1ms, 144 HZ refresh rate, and utilize the same type of panel (TN panel), making them good and suitable for fast-paced and competitive gaming.
When it comes to buying one of these gaming monitors, you’ll need to be keen and careful about the connections. The connections of ASUS VG248QE include HDMI, dual-link or DVI-D, and display port connections. While this is not a problem, the BenQ XL2411Z doesn’t have a DisplayPort connection. The newer BenQ XL2411P does have a display port connection, and you can also avail the XL2411Z model from Amazon without a display port. Display port is now becoming the trending norm with newer graphics cards. In fact, some graphics cards are dropping DVI support. That’s why it’s this is important when it comes to future proofing.
The ASUS VG248QE and BenQ XL2411Z gaming monitors are usually playing the same price. If are on a tight budget, you can simply avail the cheapest price. Otherwise, you can go with the BenQ because of the flicker-free technology.
Which Best Gaming Monitor to Buy?
Here are the specific points you have to keep in mind before shopping for your next gaming monitor and choosing between BenQ XL2411Z and ASUS VG248QE.
BenQ XL2411Z is currently unavailable in Amazon but you can avail of the newer model BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P, which is 24 inch, a 144 HZ gaming monitor (eSports), 1080p picture resolution, and a response time of 1ms, with black eQualizer, adjustable height, HDMI, display port, and color vibrancy.
The 1ms is a fast response time possessed BenQ for an ultra-smooth gaming experience, which is best for MOBA and FPS RTS game. Achieve good visual clarity in every dark scene with its Black eQualizer feature. It boats its Motion Blur Reduction for enhanced clarity when engaged in fast gaming. BenQ is exclusively FPS co-developed with expert or professional gamers.
Nevertheless, the BenQ XL2411Z gaming monitor is flicker-free with a low blue light for a longer time of practice with less headache and eyestrain. It doesn’t have a VESA Mount.
ASUS VG248QE is a 24-inch gaming monitor with a 144 Hz fast refresh rate for ultra-smooth gaming, and a response time of 1ms. The stand is ergonomically-designed with swivel, tilt, pivot, adjustable height, and wall-mount capability for a more comfortable and stress-free viewing position.
It has embedded 2W stereo speakers for a unique, immersive, and amazing home entertainment ultimate experience. The ASUS VG248QE features display port, HDMI, and Dual-link DVI-D ports for multi-device connections.
What Consumers Say?
To summarize everything, here are the important points to remember:
1. It is all about your personal preference. If you’re a gamer who does not want Lightboost, you might actually benefit from the BenQ’s ‘black equalizer’. Given the above-mentioned similarities and differences, it does not make sense getting the older ASUS if they are of the same cost.
2. The Black Equalizer feature of BenQ truly makes dark scenes much brighter. However, this feature can’t be used when you are currently using the Lightboost.
3. You might consider the casing when choosing between BenQ XL2411Z and ASUS VG248QE. BenQ has a beautiful matte finish, whereas ASUS has a shiny but fingerprint-attracting built made of plastic. Your taste matters.
4. Both gaming monitors have the same function. However, the BenQ XL2411Z may have issues in some people who want to find the default factory for calibrating colors. Only a minimal tweaking can fix it though.
5. When it comes to customer service, ASUS has a bad reputation as what other customers say. With this in mind, try calling customer support of both companies to check it for yourself. Asking relevant questions about the product will help you in gauging their support services. At the end of the day, you want to have a 24/7 customer and technical support you can rely on when problems arise.
What is the Final Verdict?
In the end, your needs and preference count. Given the information provided above will help you make the right decision for the best gaming monitor to buy. We hope you enjoyed reading this article. You just gained enough knowledge to become a more empowered consumer. Whether it is BenQ XL2411Z or ASUS VG248QE, you will make an informed choice when shopping for your next best gaming monitor. More than the cost, it is important to check the quality and support services for a more enjoyable and stress-free purchase and usage.