Do you often complain about aches on your wrist? Sitting for long hours staring at the computer screen and typing can take a toll on your entire body. With extensive typing, many complain about pain in the wrists and the hands. Your standard keyword is to be blamed for the discomfort. Thankfully, there are ergonomic keyboards that are available in the market.
Ergonomic keyboards are quite popular among the office employees because of the comfortable wrist rest and the convenient placement of the buttons. The ergonomic keyboards are still looked as a doubted product by some. But the majority of the users find it very comfortable and considers as the ultimate solution to all the typing woes.
In case, you consider that ergonomic keyboards are the solution to a more comfortable typing without wrist pain and fatigue, you must invest in one. There is a host of ergonomic keyboards accessible in the market and getting hold of just one can be an overwhelming situation. To make things easier for you, there is a list of top 10 best ergonomic keyboards that are currently creating waves in the market.
Read More: Best Mechanical Keyboards for Gamers
1. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Thanks to the split design of the keyboard, that makes Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 a worthy of investment. It is the new curved key layout of the keyboard that makes the hand, wrist and forearm work in alignment. Hence, you are comfortable even when typing for long hours. This particular keyboard from Microsoft is one of the best selling ergonomic keyboards in the current market.
There are certain attributes that make the keyboard a worthy of purchase. Perhaps the best feature is the presence of the customized “My Favorite Keys” giving you the immediate access to the files, folders, web pages and other icons that you use the most. With the simple touch of the finger you can use the Zoom Slider feature.
• A comfortable resting pad for the wrist
• The wrists don’t get fatigued
• You don’t have to suffer from pains and aches after long hours of typing
• Customizable top five instant access keys
• Seamless typing
• The space bar is noisy on typing similar to an old typewriter.
• You will take some time to get adjusted to the split design layout.
2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard for Business (5KV-00001)
Microsoft is a reputed brand manufacturing keyboards and Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard for Business (5KV-00001) is no different. The modern design and the comfortable feel of the keyboard makes it so popular among the users. Since the keyboard is in a split layout, your wrist and forearm are in a relaxed position. The numeric pad can be separate from the remaining keypad.
Do you know the reason behind the absence of wrist fatigue, even when you use the keyboard for a prolonged period of time? Thanks to the domed shape. The palm rest is cushioned and provides 100% wrist support without giving you aches. This is the appropriate keyboard that offers you comfort even after all day long keyboard usage.
• The overall design is appealing.
• The front edge riser is definitely the winner.
• The comfortable feel of the keys is too good to ignore.
• It is useless to separate the numeric keypad.
• The wireless connectivity can trigger problems.
3. Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard (98915)
Fellowes Microban Split Design Wired Keyboard, Dark Gray (98915) is giving a huge competition to all the major brands manufacturing ergonomic keyboards. There are a very few products that can remain true to their words and this particular keyword caters to the demands of the users in the most convincing manner.
The split design, layout offers the natural position of your hands and wrists. Hence, your hands are relaxed and you can use the keyboard for hours. If you are one of the faster typists, the 16-character buffer will be of immense use. The keyboard also provides you with the access to the one touch Internet connectivity and 7 extra hot keys for multimedia control.
• The hand position of the keyboard is simply amazing.
• The construction is robust and solid.
• The multimedia keys are impressive.
• The keys are quite stiff. You have to press hard.
4. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard
Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard has been crafted in such a manner that you type in comfort and ease for a prolonged period of time. Because of the geometrical arched shape and the split layout space bar, you will not experience any strain and sprain on your wrists. Henceforth, your fast typing speed doesn’t get hampered even after hours of using it.
The stable construction and the texture of the keys makes it a comfortable experience. Moreover, there is no annoying sound of the keys while you type. You can enjoy a seamless and smooth action without any accidental presses of keys that are quite common with several keyboards available in the market. the double cushioned palm rest is a highlighting feature.
• The double cushioned palm rest offers the ultimate comfort.
• The natural arch layout of the keyboard provides a relaxed position of wrists and arms.
• Typing speed doesn’t get hampered.
• No backlit keys
• Small size delete button
Read more: Best Wireless Mini Keyboards With Touchpad
5. Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard
If your work makes you move all across the office, Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard is the apt choice. Since it is wireless in nature, you don’t have to deal with the tangled wires and cords anymore. The wavy keys are a comfort to your fingers and the cushioned palm rest is definitely to look out for. The robust and the solid construction guarantees the longer durability of the keyboard.
Logitech is a well known brand known for its efficiency and performance. Logitech K350 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard is not an exception as well. You can enjoy and have fun while working on the keyboard for hours. The keyboard is doing quite well in the market. Even the reviews and feedbacks from the users are positive.
• Since it is wireless, you don’t have to deal with wires and cords.
• The keyboard is comfortable to use.
• Responsive and interactive in nature.
• The key sound is noisy
Read more: Cooler Master MasterSet M120 Review
6. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 (PP4-00001)
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Desktop 5050 (PP4-00001) is one such keyboard that can be comfortably used by either of the hands. This is because of the ambidextrous design. The ergonomic curved design renders the comfort and convenience to work for hours on the keyboard without getting your wrist fatigued and tired.
The BlueTrack technology is the reason behind the keyboard working in any environment. Since the shortcut keys can be customized, you get access to your favorite keys easily. Encryption of the keystrokes is possible because of the Advanced Encryption Standard technology. Moreover, the wireless keyboard gives you the freedom not to stick to your office desk. You can work even at 30 feet away.
• Wireless connection is reliable.
• Encrypt your keystrokes.
• Excellent in-built palm rest for comfortable typing.
• Customizable shortcut keys.
• Often the mouse can give issues while operating
• Have issues working with Windows 10.
7. Kinesis Freestyle2 Ergonomic Keyboard for PC (9″ Standard Separation)
There are people who don’t approve of the ergonomic keyboards. But if you are someone looking for comfort and relaxation at work, the Kinesis Freestyle2 Ergonomic Keyboard for PC (9″ Standard Separation) is definitely the product for you. Both the MAC and the Windows users can make use of the comfortable keyboard.
Kinesis Freestyle2 Ergonomic Keyboard for PC (9″ Standard Separation) is an award winning keyboard. This is an apt product for all those who want to increase their typing efficiency and productivity at work place. Kinesis is a market leader in the computer ergonomics and Freestyle 2 is not an exception in this field.
• The solid construction makes the keyboard durable.
• The keyboard is responsive.
• The comfort is of the highest quality.
• No more wrist cramps and getting fatigued.
• Unstable USB interface.
• Developers might not find the placement of keys comfortable.
8. Kinesis Advantage2 Ergonomic Keyboard (KB600)
If you have a look at the Kinesis Advantage2 Ergonomic Keyboard (KB600), it might appear weird and very strange. But it is the contoured keyboard design that gives the ultimate comfort and relaxation to your wrist and palm while working for hours. Smart Set Programming Engine is the new feature that allows you to customize the layout of the keyboard. You don’t have to install any special drivers and software for it.
It has been more than two decades since Kinesis has been involved in the manufacturing of ergonomic computer accessories. Kinesis Advantage2 Ergonomic Keyboard (KB600) is a big competition for other reputed and branded ergonomic keyboard makers. Once you start using the keyboard from Kinesis, you will not be disappointed with it.
• The buttons are highly responsive in nature.
• The design layout makes it comfortable to type.
• The palm rest is innovative.
• You don’t experience wrist sprains anymore.
• Your typing speed won’t be hampered.
Because of the unique contour keyboard design, layout, it might take some time to get adjusted to it.
9. Perixx PERIBOARD-512II B, Ergonomic Split Keyboard – Natural Ergonomic Design
It goes without saying that the market is flooded with a wide array of ergonomic keyboards. There are so many different brands and manufacturers. It is definitely an overwhelming situation to choose anyone. Moreover, all the products claim to be rendering the best performance and efficiency. Hence, it becomes all the more difficult to select anyone.
There are a very few keyboard accessible in the market that are actually of the superior quality rendering the reliable performance that you look out for. But Perixx PERIBOARD-512II B, Ergonomic Split Keyboard – Black – Wired USB Interface – Natural Ergonomic Design – Bulky Size 20.16″x10.39″x2.44″ Dimension has set an example for performance and convenience.
• Apt for personal as well as a wide range of professional use.
• Eliminates stress on wrists and arms when working for long hours.
• Enjoy a comfortable and relaxing typing experience.
• The palm rest is worthy of notice.
• You can get access to 7 hot keys for instant access to files, folders and web pages that you browse the most.
• The keys are quite big in size, making it little difficult for people with small fingers.
• The keys on typing are also noisy, which is really frustrating. It appears as if you are using a typewriter.
• The pricing is expensive, making it difficult to easily afford.
10. Adesso Tru-Form 150 3-Color Illuminated Ergonomic Keyboard (AKB-150EB)
In case, you are looking for an ergonomic keyboard that has illuminated backlit keys, Adesso Tru-Form 150 3-Color Illuminated Ergonomic Keyboard (AKB-150EB) is the product to opt for. It might not be a very well known or reputed manufacturer, but is giving a tough competition to the big names like Logitech, Microsoft, and Kinesis.
Some highlighting features
• Backlit keys that can be customized with different colors like red, blue, green.
• It is the illuminated backlit keys that make it easier for you to operate the keyboard even in darkness.
• You can easily get access to the internet keys along with 7 hot keys for easy access to your most browsed folders and files.
• Comfortable typing experience without fatigued wrist.
• The key switches are quite.
• A must for the night time typers.
• The ergonomic design enhances your productivity at work.
The keys are often hard to press
The above mentioned are the top ten ergonomic keyboards of the years. A brief description with their Pros and drawbacks are mentioned. Make your choice today.